Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fan Fashion

A week ago yesterday Neurosis split my head open with their ferocity.  I am still not fully prepared to discuss that show.   I am fairly certain that I will fail to find words to adequately convey the seasoned intensity of this band. 

But I did spot this homemade jacket and I just had to ask the woman wearing it if I could snap a pic.



Her friend made it for her and I love it even though I don't fully understand it. 

St. Peter was crucified on an inverted cross because he didn't feel he deserved to die in the same manner as Christ.  PJ Harvey recorded Let England Shake at the 19th century St. Peter's Church in the small village of Eype near her home.   That could be it.  

OR it could be a reference to the beguiling and mysterious man that we meet in the beginning of "The Dancer". 

He came riding fast like a phoenix out of fire flames
He came dressed in black with a cross bearing my name
He came bathed in light and the splendor and glory
I can't believe what the lord has finally sent me





OR, it could just be a satanic thing.  

It doesn't really matter, it is cool because it is homemade and truly one of a kind.  






No comments:

Post a Comment