Monday, January 7, 2013

Born In Chicago!

Coming home from a beer and potato chip run I happened to have XRT's "Blues Breakers" tuned into the radio dial.

Lonnie Baker Brooks started running through a version of "Born In Chicago" and it made me think of this similar (but different) song of the same name. 



This album came out when I was a senior in high school.  I used to have it on tape but it hasn't yet surfaced during the Great Cassette Excavation.  

At the moment I can't recall a single other song on the tape but I really dug this bratty take on da blooze.  It wasn't angry enough to be punk but it was also too hip to be hair metal.  

A quick search on the Slammin Watusis turned up this article from 1988 when they first signed to CBS Records.  It mentions going on upcoming tours with The Godfathers and then The Replacements.  Both vastly superior bands to be sure, but you can still give it up for the hometown boys with their hometown pride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment