Sunday, February 19, 2012

Power Hour

So on Friday, G$ opened his home to an extensive road test of his new stereo system.

There are still a few kinks to work out but for the most part I am completely enamored. Most intriguing is this cd player that converts the signal to analog.

It sounds pretty amazing to hear a track that you know like the back of your hand and feel like it has never sounded better to your ears before.

The album that got the most play was Mark Lanegan's Blues Funeral and for good reason:


Another new album that definitely is going to spend a lot of time on my turntable is Arrow by the Heartless Bastards, on Friday night we played "Got To Have Rock 'N' Roll" and "Down In The Canyon" and both induced bouts of air guitar on the very first listen.


For some reason, I was really keen to turn G$ on to a hard pop band called Runner & The Thermodynamics. They have been defunct for over six years and subsequently the best link I can find for them is a MySpace Page. I still encourage you to check them out!

That was weird, I just got done playing the track "So Sorry" from their MySpace page and then suddenly I am listening to Duran Duran's "Save A Prayer".


No comments:

Post a Comment