Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Imagine you nod off on the couch with the t.v. on...

and you wake up to this.


I am still trying to figure out what I think about Die Antwoord. They have a head scratching car crash quality to them. How much is a joke? Who is in on it?

Their songs are super catchy but also irritating. They are like Satan's Black Eyed Peas.

But the fact that this was on broadcast television is pretty cool. Thanks to Dangerous Minds for helping me out tonight. It is late and I wanted to post about Anna Calvi but I can't do her justice tonight.

3 comments:

  1. i really tried to get into their last record, but it wouldn't take.

    as for the Black Eyed Peas, Robert California said it best: http://youtu.be/tTt_hVLe-Gw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just caught this from D Minds this morning and I now have "I think your freaky" boppin' around in the membrane. Might be a long ass day.

      Delete
  2. I loved that bit on the BEP from James Spader. I don't know why he isn't getting more love from Office fans - I think his character is great.

    It isn't surprising to me that you couldn't get into Die Antwoord
    T-rocc. There is something off about them and I am not talking about their general aesthetic.

    I personally like that they post their videos and performances on Youtube so I can watch them once. Maybe they are part of a new phenomena - the Youtube band - an act that you would watch in small doses but you would never add to your collection or seek out.

    Gvos, it is "I Fink You Freeky" - much worse.

    ReplyDelete