Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Relief from Election tension...

I saw Future of The Left at the Bottom Lounge last night with Dem and while I don't have any in-depth analysis I think I should say that THEY KILLED IT. 

I can completely see why they are Dem's favorite band.  Frenetic and witty - they completely energized the Monday night crowd and on this tour they are the opening band

We were even treated to two McKlusky songs!  Before going into "Lightsaber Cocksucker Blues," Falko introduced the band as Coldplay and said this next song is called "Yellow."  The Welsh have a great sense of humor.

 
Also after last night I am totally crushing on the band's newish bassist - Julia Ruzicka.  She could really hold down the groove.
 
When I looked her up on Twitter I learned that Dave Grohl will be playing on the new QOTSA record which gives me some hope.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment