Thursday, October 25, 2012

CRUSH

Haven't thought about this cut in probably about fifteen years but today the shoebox full of cassettes lying on my passenger side brought it back something fierce.  

"Crush" by The Oblivious.  Saw them open for Concrete Blonde once and they were tight. 



This song will stick in your head for sure!  

I am also WAY into this look you got going on, Ms. Vincent.   

Strangely this was on a tape was marked HEAVY METAL on one side and the other was originally That Petrol Emotion.  It was clearly a tape over; it also had Sonic Youth, Monster Magnet, Giant Sand and early Luscious Jackson.  

Questions: 
  • Was there an intended recipient for this mix or was it just me spending an evening with my music?  
  • Why did I feel the urgency to tape over a mix of HEAVY METAL and what was on it? 

I have to admit, I was kind of looking forward to hearing That Petrol Emotion when I popped it in the deck.  They are a Junk Drawer band for sure. 







No comments:

Post a Comment