Saturday, November 17, 2012

L A N D

I was telling my buddy G$ the other day that while I may not own many albums released by the Important Records label, I am always very glad that they continue to be so prolific. 

Here is one example why:


The band is called L A N D and the reference points include guitar work reminiscent of Tom Verlaine, sinister noir-ish horns, & deep bass.  

The write-up mentions the post modern detective stories of Paul Auster, the grey photography of Gerhard Richter, and the isolation vibe of Taxi Driver as all serving as inspiration and I can totally see it. 

To me, I can picture this music as being a soundtrack to Dexter's Dark Passenger. 

The vinyl sleeve is black on black letterpressed and limited to just 500 copies.  Important knows how to make a release feel special. 

Here is another cut - the only one with vocals - featuring David Sylvian. 




No comments:

Post a Comment