Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome to my (primarily) music blog. I figure it is probably best to just lay all my cards on the table: I have no manifesto that I want to inflict and I am not an expert in any micro-niche.

I just love music and I absorb a lot of it. I want to talk about what I find interesting. I want a new way to engage with the music collection that I am constantly curating. That is the originating purpose behind this.

Old stuff, new stuff - I like to take chances when I walk into record store and I walk into them often. I also like to get recommendations from others about what they really like so comments are very welcome.

Why Junk Drawer? I just like the catch-all, miscellaneous nature of it. We all have at least one space in our home that fills that purpose and what it contains probably says a lot about us. Most of us can not readily name all of the current contents of our junk drawer but it is still inherently part of how you engage with the world.

Apparently I am not the only one who thinks so.




No comments:

Post a Comment