Monday, January 2, 2012

"If you need a guy,

I gotta guy that repairs heat." -- Serengeti, "Perculators"

Thought of this lyric because my very introductory post earlier this evening was composed while waiting on Joe (from Airflow) to come and fix a gas leak leading to my furnace.

Serengeti took the Saturday Night Live Bears Superfans skit and developed a real, relatable persona. This isn't parody but it is injected with a lot of Chicago humor.

Be forewarned - it is also very catchy. So catchy you might find yourself smiling at the thought of it while handling a stressful situation like no heat on the first seriously cold night of winter.

My brother Ben introduced me to Serengeti's alter ego earlier this year and I remain greatly appreciative.

I will also be greatly appreciative to Joe (from Airflow) once my furnace is safe to run again.



1 comment:

  1. Update: It is now midnight. Joe (from Airflow) has just left. I am happy to report that he is in fact "a guy that repairs heat."

    After he had left, my wife said, "From the limited amount of interaction I had with him, it felt like that guy was someone that could hang with your brother Ben." We have come full circle.

    ReplyDelete