Monday, January 30, 2012

33 1/3 looking for submissions...

So the popular 33 1/3 book series is doing an open call for book pitches.

It got me to thinking "What album's exploration do I think would make for an interesting read?"

So far, I have come up with David Bowie's Diamond Dogs (or Ziggy Stardust) or De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising.

What are your ideas?

As a teenager I crafted a screenplay to Diamond Dogs in my head. I would play it out like a noirish sci-fi movie behind my eyelids as I listened to the album.

Later in life I would develop a friendship with another music obsessive by the name of SD who wrote a short story inspired by the album during his formative years.

I never committed my screenplay to paper though, but lest you think I lacked the creative fire I must admit that I did write a short story based on this t-shirt...


I can't remember that much beyond the fact that it was a horror as social satire type plot. Society's fear of the misfit outcast would whip this swarm of vengeful rats into a killing frenzy.

Sadly this undoubted literary gem was written on an electric typewriter and lives on solely as a vague memory now.

I thought maybe if I could procure this t-shirt through an online marketplace maybe more details of this writing exercise would meander out from the fog of my adolescence.

Now I wish I had been a little more fastidious about keeping my old concert t-shirts. $159 bucks!?

That would be easy money, as opposed to all that research and writing those 33 1/3 books undoubtedly take. Ah well...




No comments:

Post a Comment