Thursday, August 29, 2013

DES-SAH!

I have no idea what prompted my buddy Riot Mike to book Dessa for Riot Fest but I am so grateful he did. 

If you have not seen Dessa perform live, then I feel sorry for you.  It is a mesmerizing, diamond bright thing to witness.  



Her lyrics are unique - tough but humble - seething with a hunger, wracked with mortality.  Right at the moment that you think she is just trying to be too clever by half she eviscerates herself.  If that isn't the soul of poet then I don't know what is. 



I once read a blog call Dessa, "a very photogenic person of substance".  That is putting it mildly. Her beauty is so severe that it just levels me.  It is bone deep, you just know that she is going to be turning heads well into her sunset years, like Lena Horne or Julie Andrews.  

It is also completely incidental to her career and talent.  I wouldn't even bring it up except that I don't want cynicism to creep in while you look on this picture and think that I just am smitten by her looks.  I mean, I AM smitten, but that is y'know, like I said, incidental.   

I have also never seen an Official Lyrics video done so artfully.  You might want to strap on the headphones and put this one on full screen.  Oh and grab a sweater cuz you might get the chills. 





No comments:

Post a Comment