Thursday, August 22, 2013

2 short zombie films worth your time

I make no attempt to hide my unabashed love for zombies.  They are my favorite monster genre by a WIDE margin.  

But there are so many zombie cash-ins at the moment that some decry it as a tired and played out trend.  And there is certainly evidence to support that argument: Zombie modes in countless video games, the flashy yet soulless Resident Evil movie franchise, Jane Austen novels re-written to include zombies...

But a lot of it has been pretty awesome too and received deserved attention: The Walking Dead, World War Z, Zombie Dust beer...

Here are two short independent films that are really well done.  They have a lot of heart.

CARGO  - 7 min.
   
Cargo from Daniel Foeldes on Vimeo.

SPOILER - 17 min



Watch 'em both and tell me which one you like better? 

I am reminded of a sketch that I once commissioned for my buddy RW.  It was a zombie dad cradling his baby daughter.  It was a dicey proposition - it could have turned out horribly in the wrong hands - but the artist did a tremendous job.  Both these filmmakers did the same in my opinion.   


No comments:

Post a Comment